How to Approach Your Community
• Print out your Genes Day flyers.
• Visit prominent places in your community. (Doctor's office, Beauty Shop, Hospital, Pharmacy, Grocery Store, etc)
• Talk to head supervisor and tell them you want your community to celebrate Genes Day
• Give Genes Day flyers to supervisor and explain the event and why it is important to you.
• Post flyers and collection jars in prominent places throughout your community to promote the event.
• Talk with local newspaper about placing your Genes Day flyer in their publication.
• Check weekly with places that are helping you promote event.
• Remind everyone of the deadline to order T-shirts for this special event! (March 7th is the deadline to order T-shirts for those in North America. March 3rd for those outside North America. Adult sizes only)
• Be sure to thank all community owners for participating.
• Be available throughout your community (if possible) on March 21st to thank others for participating.
• Have fun on Genes Day! This is a great time to spread awareness and educate others about mosaic Down syndrome and Down syndrome!
IMDSA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The Genes Day TM and IMDSA logos are the sole property of International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association and cannot be copied or reproduced in any way.