How to Approach Your Workplace
• Take your Genes Day flyers to the supervisor of your workplace and let them know that you would like your workplace to support Genes Day.
• Print your Genes Day flyer with your child's picture to show everyone why Genes Day is important to you.
• Post both information and your Genes Day flyers in prominent areas of your workplace (i.e.: break room, copy room, bulletin boards, windows, etc)
• Have plenty of extra flyers (both kinds) on hand to share with others to pass out throughout the community.
• Put a collection jar in a prominent place in your work-space with the Genes Day flyer to remind everyone that you are collecting for IMDSA and give them your special website so they can donate directly to your team online.
• Remind everyone of the deadline to order T-shirts for this special event! (March 7th is the deadline to order T-shirts for those in North America. March 3rd for those outside North America.)
• Continue to collect money and encourage others to help you become the top fundraising team! (The top fundraising team will receive special prizes!)
• On March 21st pass out information sheets to everyone you come in contact with for the day and explain the unique genes of mosaic Down syndrome and Down syndrome! (note: if March 21st falls on a weekend, if your place of business is closed you can host your Genes Day on March 20th or whatever day is best for you)
• Have fun on Genes Day! This is a great time to spread awareness and educate others about mosaic Down syndrome and Down syndrome!
IMDSA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The Genes Day TM and IMDSA logos are the sole property of International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association and cannot be copied or reproduced in any way.